Re: PF members exhibit on AUG 06, 2011

I agree with most of Andrew's comments but disagree about this one. . .at least enough to respond.

The empty chair, to me, sets the context for the scene. Without the chair, the image lacks substance. True, perhaps the scene could have been taken from some other vantage point, but with the chair the photo says this is a place of sitting and rest, near the river/lake.

Maybe the chair being empty makes it more significant for the photographer, but we don't know that. But I like the framing created by the umbrella canopy, the pole, and the table. In short, to me, a very nice memory document.

  -yoram