Re: PF members exhibit on July 23, 2011

At 5:55 PM -0400 7/23/11, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated July 23, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

          John Palcewski - Shadow

Cloning work on sky looks, um, interesting. Otherwise see my comment about Yoram's contribution.

          Bob Sull - Flash the nature photographer

I can think of quite a list of other ways to do this. On the other hand I can imagine just how much deep affection and joy the photographer feels when watching his grandson take to the same hobby with such gusto.

          Rene M Hales - New Mexico ~ Horse

Muscles.  And something mysterious about the darkness.

          Rob Talbot - Hot Ashes

I've been having lots of fun imagining how the person who set this up got it just right. I've often noticed the way ashes finish if no breeze or well-intentioned fire extinguisher messes with them. Selecting the wood so it would burn out and make the pattern would be quite an amusement.

Using some artsy filter in Photoshop would not be half as much fun.

          Christopher Strevens - On the Serbian border

Sad how universal such places have become. Nothing here particularly says Serbia. I could have used my E-Z Pass to pay a toll at a place like this last week on my way back from Maine.

          Don Roberts - Barn Scene

Lots here. I'm attracted by the carding machine and would like to see more of it.

          Yoram Gelman - Power Hungry

Boy, these things are so hard to put across. We see some conceit and imagine that others will grok it and then, subjected to the lack of imagination of the average viewer, discover that our conceit is just ours.

Contributors! Find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Send in your contribution now, so Andy doesn't have to beg next Friday.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx