Re: Light Field photography?

I saw this demonstrated at a SIGGAPH conference about 4 years ago. Very interesting! Stanford students and faculty deserve much praise for this development. Computed Photography. Is anything real??? ... what is "real"???

OTH it seems to me that maybe a faster way to reach the goal is to make a photo with a small aperture and where everything is sharp and then defocusing those  areas progressively away from that plane - this could be done by postprocessing I suspect. Use a pinhole to get DOF, sharpen that image (for pseudo detail) and then defocus at will. What is wrong with this picture? ;)

Andy