Re: PF members exhibit on May 7, 2011

On 5/7/11 11:31 PM, ADavidhazy wrote:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html  include:

            Katharina Kitaeva -
I'm finding it difficult to find meaning, but that also means I keep looking at it, so that has to mean something. Just before or after midnight, I can't tell. Lifeless look on her face, greenish cast...makes me think of vampires. But that's cliche, or maybe the subject is a cliche...I just don't know. Well lit and exposed, very good job at controlling the blacks...not an easy thing to do considering how much black there is.
            Pini Vollach - Night shot
Neat shadows, great idea. Wish it didn't have the camera shake.
            Emily Ferguson - fiddleheads
Lovely. Great color sat. Can imagine them in my salad as I type.
            Sherie Taylor - Sunset
Tilted and spotty. Could use just a little more contrast for detail in the hills below the sun.
            Dan Mitchell - Wide-angle
I do like the Rorschach effect, and often find myself leaving the composites of stitched images as is. The bone that keeps poking me, however, is evident here in that the slightest difference in perspective alters tonality and the image often ends up with a patchwork effect to it. Sometimes, I guess it can be an interesting effect, but I generally find it annoying.
            Yoram Gelman - Croton Dam -- April 2011
Gosh, I'd like to see this image much larger. Seems a little dark toward the lower margins. Still, a majestic image.
            Don Roberts - The Ginza, Tokyo
Seems a little heavy on contrast or sharpen mask. I like the fact that it's a street scene with a street and no cars. It doesn't appear to be any sort of special occasion, seems like everyday goings-on. Not how I image Tokyo.