From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Palcewski
Sent: 26 March 2011 5:59 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Street Photography

When you are in your own home you are entitled to full privacy.   When you are out in public, expecting the same amount of privacy is unreasonable, therefore photographing people in public without their permission  is legal.  Now that's in America.  In Italy, however, you may NOT photograph people in public without their permission.   Which is why there are no videocams at ATM machines.