Other Notable Photographs

Hi

I have also photographed two assaults on women on Wimbled common during my lunch time walk there as I worked in a University site on the edge of the open space. During the first assault I also photographed the killer (he stopped when he saw me) walking past where I hid in the bushes, brandishing his knife. The woman ran off in the opposite direction.

During the second attack I took photos of the actual assault and then something nasty happened. The lady and I made it to the local superstore also on the edge of the common where she was taken to hospital with a knife wound to the abdomen. I gave the photographs to the processor and told him to send them to the police. The police have the other film too as I gave them the unprocessed film just afterwards. I had a mobile phone with me that time and called for help, I think the operator heard the sequence. I had to fight him off me as I used flash to distract him.

“Keep Quiet and I will make it easy for you” is what he said to his victim. You may be able to find the photographs somewhere. I think they were published in the Police gazette and in the paper.

I think he is in prison for ever!

I do not have either of these images now.

I once did work for the millennium project and took picture in a park where there were some statues they wanted and some boundary markers. During this time there was another assault so I photographed that too. It shows a murder. These were sent to the millennium project people (I think it was English Heritage) for digitizing and I no longer have the film, the camera, or any record except my memory.

I am not strong as I was and I now find it difficult to walk and I have problems with my inside but I still carry a camera around.

The knife attack I saw and photographed years ago was at a fair on Epsom downs. This was also taken by the police.

Chris.