Street photography might be interesting to you, but unless you ask me permission (and so loose the spontaneity), nobody should have the right to take my picture.
It is utterly rude.

Koko

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Christopher Strevens <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That is a good idea, but in low light the phone turns on the flash so things could be even more difficult. With my compact digital I can turn the flash off.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 26 March 2011 1:07 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Street Photography

>The assaulter said he was acting for Jesus as he appeared to knife the young
>lady, but I am not sure what happened. These incidents are not reported.
>
>If I see one again, I will try to get an image, but it will probably be the
>immediate aftermath.

Chris

These incidents are terrible - it's the way people step over the bodies as if they are not there. The only offical
recognition being the "police aware" notices pinned to them.

Main trick is to forget composition, exposure etc and take the photos with your moblile phone (not a big SLR). Hold it
to your ear as if you are inanely chatting ... and turn your head ... they'll never realise you are photographing
them.

Rob

--
"I do not have what I own, nor do I have what I do. I only have what I am."
 - D. Trinidad Hunt