Re: Street Photography

At 8:32 AM -0500 3/26/11, R V wrote:
Why would people want to intrude someone's privacy like this?
Street photography might be interesting to you, but unless you ask me permission (and so loose the spontaneity), nobody should have the right to take my picture.
It is utterly rude.

Well now, not all street photography is of people.

And most tourists, with their phones and p&ses are basically street photographers, except that the people aren't mostly the focus of their attention (except for their friends in the pix).

And there are times when only the bystanders get the news and their evidence turns out to be extremely valuable for revealing abuse or evidence of misdeeds.

I think these considerations have to be weighed against the possibility that one might feel ones privacy being invaded.

The person being beaten up in a street fight might wish someone had been around with an iPhone at that moment.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx