Re: PF members exhibit on MAR 19, 11

On 3/19/11 3:02 PM, ADavidhazy wrote:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html
Rene M Hales - flamenco
Pretty. Feels very much like a poster advertising a show. My wife and I went to a very intimate flamenco show in the Al Baycin of Granada a few months back. The accompanyment of the cantaora was rather jazzy, it was different but interesting. No dancing. You indicated archival printing. Which paper and ink set do you use?
Ken Hendricks - Beach Waves
Gorgeous sunset. I like the idea of trying to contrast the choppy water with the gentler shore, but not sure if it works here. Perhaps cropping it tighter in the foreground. All that space keeps pulling me away from the horizon and lighthouse.
John Retallack -
I can see how John thinks this is creepy. It almost has a Gahan Wilson quality to it. However, the old photo and the display of the writing on the back makes it more of a happy memory, reflecting on the joys of the past rather than the reality of the present.
Rob Talbot - Snail
I like the narrow natural color range and the comp, but I think it should be cropped a little tighter on the right.
Don Roberts - Yellow
I like the idea you tried to capture here, and it's well composed.
Yoram Gelman - Forest of Ice
Sweeping movement, I like it. Not bad for a through windshield(?) image.
John Palcewski - Maria
Haunting. If it weren't for the open eyes, I might ask if it was a funeral pic. The cheek area looks a little blown out.