Re:Epson R-1800

I had a print last week that had an almost pure magenta but the R-1800 could only print it purplish no matter what I did and I tried a lot of work arounds. I'm trying to figure out if there is a limitation in the ink or is it in the profile? From the work arounds I get a feeling it is the ink. I know Epson introduced a vivid magenta in the large format printers. Does anyone have a R-1800 that can print a pure magenta?

Roy