Re:Epson R-1800

On Thu, February 17, 2011 14:02, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I had a print last week that had an almost pure magenta but the R-1800
> could only print it purplish no matter what I did and I tried a lot of
> work
> arounds. I'm trying to figure out if there is a limitation in the ink or
> is it
>  in the profile? From the work arounds I get a feeling it is the ink. I
> know  Epson introduced a vivid magenta in the large format printers. Does
> anyone have  a R-1800 that can print a pure magenta?

Does gamut warning, custom mode, using the appropriate printer/ink/paper
profile, show that the areas that are wrong are out of gamut?  While it's
not 100.00% perfect, I've found that usually when I remember to check, the
areas I'm having serious trouble printing are in fact out of gamut.  (R800
rather than R1800, but same inkset, just different carriage width.)

I have had problems that I remember with highly saturated reds and a very
deep saturated blue (almost-night sky); I don't recall doing anything with
a really intense magenta, so my not remembering a problem doesn't mean
anything much.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info