Comments

Lea Murphy
Coffee with Lauren:  This is a very nice casual portrait, Lea.  How about a compromise with the cropping and just use a hint of the coffee cup â like just below the symbol on the cup closest to your daughter?  I like the use of black and white and your daughter is a beautiful model.

Emily Ferguson
Tea cup:  I didnât realize the chairs were surrounded in snow until I made the image larger.   It made me smile.  I like it.

Jim Snarski
Great Blue:  Beautiful.  I love the detail, which may have been lost to some extent if a slower time exposure had been used to show motion.

Katarina Kitaeva:  I like the deep blues.  It lends a feel of mystery and anticipation to the photograph.

John Palcewski
Winter Blue:  Nice and sharp; beautifully exposed.  I love the look of the undisturbed snow, blue sky and clouds.

Trevor Cunningham
grandfather:  I like this.  The connection between the grandfather and grandchild is evident.  The lighting is well done.  If it were mine, Iâd crop a little from the top of the photograph.  The space is a little distracting.  In fact, I think Iâd crop it quite close to the subjects to increase the intimate feeling of the photograph.  Well done.

Yoram Gelman
Icing;  Simple.  Clean.  Impactful.  I like it.

Mark Harris
Kari Marie Reflected:  I like the frame-within-a-frame method used.  For me, all the hands in the same general area are a little distracting (maybe itâs just me).

Thank you to all who submitted to the gallery, and thank you to Andy and staff for hanging the show.

Marilyn

***
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com