RE: museum collections? (now OT)

Maybe, if Hitler HAD been accepted into art school, he wouldn't have become such a murderous monster. Maybe he would have been in Paris painting with the DaDa movement or Surrealist movement. Who knows, but thank God he's dead!!

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:49:13 -0600
From: mrkimmosley@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: museum collections? (now OT)
To: photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately, Hitler was not accepted into art school.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Trevor Cunningham <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
when the rhetoric says we can't afford such spending, and the reality has distinct polarity, all i can think is that someone is upset that some wealthy investor isn't in on the deal...gosh, imagine the government makin' a buck or two to try and make the country better or, perhaps, buy a soldier some body armor to help us protect our freedom and energy rights...anyway, the notion that good business should be restricted to the private sector is balderdash

indeed, having the debate about what is right for a nation is important for its growth...but, if we privatize the arts, education, or anything else not nailed down, only a small number of very like-minded people will be able to participate in such a dialogue

gotta stick to the topic...art...hitler was an artist, right?