Re: PF member's exhibit 29-01-2011

On 1/29/11 5:50 PM, ADavidhazy wrote:
          John Retallack -
No words needed here, John. This is a beautiful image. I love the texture on the old image, held with the old hands. It's almost as if I'm looking into my own past, the image creates a remarkable connection to the owner of the hands. This is my pick of the week.
          Lea Murphy - Bloch Museum, Kansas City, Missouri
I've always liked what you can do with white. Unfortunately, I think your subject left you too flat here without blinding someone with the highlights. Gorgeous comp though.
          Dan Mitchell - Avenue
I like it. Old grainy image from the 1960s(?). Well composed, a touch contrasty.
          Christopher Strevens - Budapest 3 Jan 2011
After reading what I was supposed to be looking at (first I saw the fence, then the grave, then the backdrop), I wish I could see the horsemen closeup. Your perspective feels awkward.
          Bob McCulloch - Snow Day
That's a lot of snow. We had a rain day here in Riyadh the week before last. But I like snow. Nice blue sky poking through, promises warmth. I would crop the top edge a smidge to get rid of that clump hanging into the frame.
          Sherie Taylor - Ice Sculpture
Family memory? I wish I didn't see the background in the other 50% of the image. The giggling adolescent is a distraction as well...they always are.
          Yoram Gelman - Malibu
At first, I didn't like the blown out background. But quickly realized that the surfer would have been lost, and that's the best part of the image. Among the hard edges of the pier is this poetically fluid motion of the man gliding by. Very nice.

Thanks all for the contributions, and I'm glad to see so much activity in the forum as of late!