Re: museum collections? (now FOB)

----- Original Message ----- From: "YGelmanPhoto" <ygelmanphoto@xxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: museum collections? (now FOB)

The order of progression seems to be, in this case, the following:

1.  Interesting comment or question

2.  Interesting followup with interesting side comments

3.  Detour to follow the side comments with beginnings of arguments

4.  Full blown analyses with intricate fine points to back up arguments

5.  Insults and aspersions

For the PhotoForum, why can't we agree to stay with 1 and 2 above, and continue privately starting with 3? Otherwise, any subject at all could be the start of stuffed inboxes for the whole group. . . which contradicts the reason for having the group in the first place.

  -yoram

aww come on Yorram, we haven't had a full flown flame war on PF for years!

who's up for it?