Re: Sample exam for your amusement

bah, premature sent..

I spotted the terem 'appeared' and clung to that, but you're right - the ratio of object to blur will remain unchanged in absolute terms, how it will appear to the viewer though is a bit more subjective.

kind of like lenses only having one plane of focus, but stopping down appears to increase the depth of focus - that sort of thing

I was also thinking of an example say of an object blurred by moving across the whole FOV of a long lens, say cars on a race track - I have plenty of examples of this ;)

move to a very short focal length lens and the distant cars appear to become entirely stationary.