Re: Sample exam for your amusement

On 2011-01-16 20:04, ADavidhazy wrote:
Karl, Chris, David,

Want to teach my course? ;)

Yeah, um, not yet. Looks like I'm in decent position to survive the midterm, but that doesn't put me anywhere near ready to TEACH the course!

OK - I'll pick on Karl's note - let me know
if I am missing interesting (????) questions ...

2. 33 1/3 RPM is that not exactly 200 degrees/sec. ? ;)

would you consider #18 again? Or help me clarify the question?

19. Capacitance and Voltage Chris: watt seconds agreed!

33. High frame rate, high sensitivity and high resolution.

on #35 I was going for the simple answer - computer nerds!! :)

on #37 hs digital cameras fill up a buffer with images and then they
start replacing from oldest until buffer filled again so if you stop
recording when an event happens it runs for maybe 1/2 the buffer longer
and then stops. On playback you can play back frames that were recorded
before the stop signal arrived and thus look into the past! ;) ... so to
speak!

I ran into something like that on digital sound recorders, where they would start recording 1/4 second BEFORE you pressed the button. Same idea, they sit there recording into the buffer, and when you press the button, they start dumping the buffer to the actual recording medium.

It's very useful for sound -- it can also make voice-operated-recording really useful, by not cutting off the first syllable of every statement.

I can see how it would be wonderful for high-speed cameras in some situations also, where the exact time of the event isn't easy to control, but is easy to detect.

30. 3.33

31. 1/10X ;)

major errors on my part? let me know 'cause I still have time to fix
them before giving to students tomorrow afternoon!

So you're reasonably confident no student in your class is on this mailing list, I take it?

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info