Re: Interesting stuff

I found this:  >>>25. Grant S RAY b. 28 Dec 1898, Peru, Miami Co IN, m. Ruth CARSON.
>>> Grant died 15 Sep 1967, Washington, DC. [22]
>>> Children:
>>> [2 sons, possibly living]

It might be possible to find more info in the Obits in the Washington Post.  Since the Navy historical folks refer to the "Grant S. Ray Collection,"  it's likely the photos were donated as a group.  Military photographers were seldom given credit unless their work was published in national magazines or papers--an uncommon practice in WWI.

Do you have any recollection of how you acquired the lens?

Bill