Photoshop 6

I have a new computer running with XP service pack 3 but none of my Win sixteen bit applications will load. Photoshop 6 and illustrator 8, my two graphics applications will load.

Does anyone know a fix apart from upgrading to new software that I cannot afford?

I have paint shop pro 7 loaded so I will use that until I find a fix.

These applications ran on my previous computer that had XP service pack 2 as the operating system.

Chris