Subject: Scanning/copying addenda
From: Don Roberts <droberts@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, January 03, 2011 2:21 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I did download the Krogh article on using a DSLR to digitize slides.  It is interesting and useful with one large caveat.  He mentions that one can obtain results equivalent to a dedicated scanner IF one uses a pro-quality DSLR.  He mentions 16 megapixels as the base standard.  How many of you have that level of capture in your cameras?  If you do, it might mean you are a working pro and can justify a scanner. Probably an unwarranted assumption on my part.
Don