Gallery Comments

John Retallack
David as Santa:  What a great looking Santa.  Very nice lightning on his face; his arms look a little uncomfortable, but I like the use of his hand in the photograph.

D.L. Shipman
Cedar point Florida:  Very nice, and unusual.  Itâs difficult to tell if there is snow in the photograph, or if it just the effect of the IR type exposure.

Thomas B. Barker
Frozen Bike:  I like the almost blue monotone of this image.  Everything really looks cold.

Yoram Gelman
Geese and Gull:  The detail of the water and birds is amazing.  This image is very sharp, well framed and composed and just a pleasing image in all ways.

Rene M Hales
Stepping Out of the Void:  This is creative and unusual, Rene.  I really enjoy the left-hand side and center of the photograph.  The birdâs legs and and blurred face seem a little out of place, but that is just my perspective.  Maybe I just need to study it more.  The sepia tone is very appropriate and works well.

Don Roberts
Shinto Wedding:  What beautiful costumes and a great story-telling image.  I canât wait to see more of your work, Don.

Dan Mitchell
Winter Visitor:  I love it!  Great detail; the squirrel looks as if he is really interested in what is going one.  He has a sparkle in his eye and the green is a perfect background.

Apocalypse:  Very imaginative.  This image is very sad, but you âjoltâ the viewer with the addition of the checker board and the little-girl dress your model is wearing.  Will you tell us a little about your motivation to do this series, Katarina?

John Palcewski
Repose:  Your subject seems at peace, but also it looks like maybe she shouldnât be quite so at peace since she is dressed so well (like she is at a special place or occasion).  I like the black surrounding her fair skin and blonde hair â it gives a hard vs.soft feel to the photograph.

Emily Ferguson
Where's the fire?  It took me a moment to realize the fire is a reflection in windows.  I like this a lot â the silhouette of the tree, the red/orange color and the shape of the windows.  This is a very interesting and well done photograph.

A very impressive show this week.  Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging it.  I enjoyed it very much.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com