Re: Question

In my opinion, you should not submit work to either.  That way, your intentions canât be questioned, and the museum or gallery isnât compromised.  Even if you entered a show with the provision that you wouldn't accept a prize, youâd be displacing another entrant.  So forbear from entering any work in any competition or juried exhibition.

Marco Milazzo

From: Marilyn
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:05 PM
Subject: Question

Hello Everyone, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

I have a question I thought someone may be able to answer for me.  Iâve just been appointed to the commission for our Lancaster Museum and Art Gallery.  What is the protocol for someone in my position to enter work into shows at the art gallery now?  Should I not enter work in a juried art show?  Should I enter, but refuse any prizes I may be awarded?

This is all new to me and Iâm hoping I can get some suggestions and answers from some of you who are more experienced and knowledgeable.

Thank you in advance.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com