Monitors for Photography?

Hi everyone,

This probably has been mentioned before but I am looking to purchase a 24/23" monitor for photography, web/graphic design. My choices are between Viewsonic and NEC.
Viewsonic models that I have interest are:

VG 2436wm LED
VX 2450wm LED
VG 2428wm
VX  2439wm
VP 2365wb

 NEC models
PA 241W-BK
PA 241W-BK-SV
2490wuxi2-BK
2490wuxi2-BK-SV

NEC  PA and Spectra View models are more expensive than Viewsonic but is there really a big gap in color and uniformity, etc? Between them. Also video  response times seem slower on NEC. I might do video. Is there much difference here as well? Viewsonic looks nice but haven't been able to find a store that displays NEC. If anyone uses these models, I would like to hear your experiences with them.
Thank you so much.

Stephen