Re: PF members exhibit on 04-DEC-10

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 04, 2010. Authorswith work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
       Rene M Hales - Bend in the Canal
I think Andy said it best with the word "classic". I remember seeing an image almost exactly like this, it may have been through the LifePixel gallery...I swear it may even have been the same location. Nevertheless, this is a lovely sepia image, although at this resolution at least it seems like you went a touch overboard with the sharpen tool. I'm probably wrong.
       Rubin F. Diehl - Un Bokeh Parisien
I'm always turned off by any romantic tribute to Paris, and this is no exception. However, my feeling about the subject has nothing to do with the image. A nice treatment of an all too familiar image. My attention is drawn to the feeling rather than the place. Good job.
       Andrew Sharpe - Cactus
Nice! Surreal, yet so real. I love when one eye sees more than the other.
       Sherie Taylor - First Snow
Nice image for the season. Some day I will live where there is snow and can try such an image myself. I would have preferred an historic home as the backdrop rather than one of these newer designs.
       Katarina Kitaeva - Out Of Emptiness
Tough to say, the image seems to have me traveling into the emptiness of the upper right corner rather than out of it...although I imagine the building is the emptiness. Not trying to be harsh, but it's a little cliche.
Emily L. Ferguson - Gulls harvesting the last herring fry of the season
I though Andrew's was my pick of the week until I stared at this one for a while. When I forget I'm looking at an image and I'm transported someplace beautiful, I know someone has done an amazing job. Beautiful colors swelling in and out, the blur of the birds...time has not place here. Incredible image Em.
       Yoram Gelman - Inukshuk Solo
I should like this more since it's composed like so many of my own images. Perhaps it's the hyper contrast that makes it seems so harsh, or maybe it's wet...I can't tell. Feels like there should be more three-dimensional perspective to it.

Thanks for contributing, gang. And thanks to Marilyn, Andy, and Rene for their comments on my plant. I hope I didn't miss anyone.