Re: PF members exhibit on 04-DEC-10 COMMENTS

On Dec 9, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Rene M Hales wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 04,
2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html
. . . . .

Yoram Gelman - Inukshuk Solo
I like this very much and really like when you provided a shot with more context. I like the whole idea of them being temporary. Reminds me of a series of photos I did called "discarded scenes". I concentrated on scenes that are only briefly there and then are gone. It was a fun idea to work
with.

Thanks for the comments. Let's remember, however, and especially in photography, that everything is temporary. Even a "permanent" structure will never really photograph the same again: 1) the external surroundings change, and 2) the photographer changes.

On the other hand, I agree with you about how temporary are some things in themselves. But that's partially due to our expectations of things -- such as stones.

  -yoram