Re: time machine back up

5 or 6 portraits a day?  You must be exhausted all the time!

Quite honestly, I don't fancy that Time Machine is intended for users with that sort of load. Like much of the Apple OS, it's probably more focussed on the needs of the domestic user.

So I suspect you're on the right track to search for some more efficient mechanism. For all I know that cloud backup which Trevor found http://www.backblaze.com/edrive.html might be more the right kind of thing for you use. If the company is stable and likely to exist for a few years, the cloud might be the right place.

Portrait shooters have such a different workflow because their results are so short lived. My originals are useful for many years, whereas a senior portrait shoot is out of date in 3 months! Not that the images won't be treasured may years later, just that most people look at them for a few weeks and are on to the next.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx