Re: exhibit on 10-23-10 comments

     Rene M Hales - A Castle Walk
The modern patio, contrasting the old stonework, makes this an interesting scene. I'd like more old stonework and less patio, but it's nice as it is. Except for the plastic bench, perhaps. Maybe it's inclusion sharpens the contrast. . . .maybe.

        Emily Ferguson - Favorite eatery
I like the texture of the grasses and the presence of the water, but the narrow band at the top is awkward, for me. The trouble is, if it's not there then the grasses have no top and the image becomes only textures. But a wider band might introduce distractions, depending on what's there.

        John Palcewski - Passionate Pakistani
I don't know how to do portraits, so can't really comment on this. I like the man's intensity. But by centering the face, I feel the image loses impact. . . for me.

        Valery Firsov - Betrothal.
I can't relate to anything in this image. . .the fingernails, the jeweled birds, the hearts. . .not my cup of tea.

        Peeter Vissak - Summer at last
                    Cool shot!

        Dan Mitchell - Church Tower Clock
                    Yes, it's sharp.

        Yoram Gelman - Morning Table

Thanks for the comments, in the forum and privately. It was a hard experiment, trying to get the photo to match my feelings when I saw the scene.

  -yoram