Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5528

> The correct spelling of "libellous" is "libelous", "organisation" is "organization", and Chris got the spelling of the noun "pedophilia" perfectly right, while your "paedophile" is incorrect in usage and spelling. (Chris may be crazy, but he ain't stupid.)

I use an Apple Mac computer, with automatic inbuilt spell-check (possibly US English).  I've just checked the three words above — my spell check says "libellous" and "organisation" are both acceptable, and is happy with "paedophile" as an alternate to "pedophile".  I would agree that the "ae" construction, formerly used more than now, is possibly an older way of usage, but it seems it is still a valid way. And indeed we still use the "ae" in archaeology and daemon.

I deal mainly with the USA, whom, we must remember spell "aluminium" as "aluminum" !

Dan.