Re: Selling Cameras

Yes. I recently sold a Konica Hexanon 21mm /2.8 lens to KEH. I asked B&H for an estimate price and the first response was did I make a typo?. I assured them I didn't and they came up with $125.00 for the lens (I assume they were just selling to another dealer as KEH had it on there web site as $215.00). It was basic brand new with case and hood still in original wrapper. (I had bought the new  Canon AE1 camera then and didn't use the lens except once). KEH price list was just for a lens-no case. I asked $250.00 for the lens.  It took them about two week to lab test the lens (They had told me in an email that the lab was backed up).  They offered me $270.00 for the lens and I took it. I am assuming they already had a collector buyer for it. I don't think this is a normal situation as most lenses are quite used. KEH web quote for my very used Vivitar Series One 70-210mm in Konica mount is $17.00.

I'm assuming you're selling a used item so depending on where you are located I would suggest putting it up on Craig's list with a hefty price above what KEH lists it on there web site and see if you can sell it at retail.  I don't have an ebay account so don't know any thing about it.
Roy