Cooments: PF exhibit on 09-11-10

Some thoughts on this weeks gallery.
----- Original Message ----- re: PF exhibit on 09-11-10

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 11, 2010.

            Pini Vollach - Namibia

I like the variety of shades and patterns in this landscape. I like the high horizon but might have considered cropping out even more of the sky. There is an interesting compositional element of the foreground area where the pattern draws the eye in.

            Dan Mitchell - Lace-wing fly

I'm always impressed by anyone who can get insect images like this. This photograph is very well made.

            Emily L. Ferguson - Willet

The blurred foam below brings out the Willet very well. The choice of panning against the white water was well done.

            Michael Hughes - How do you do?

A nice moment captured. I feel a little more light on the dog's face would have worked better.

            Christopher Strevens - Dinner in the care home

A very touching moment in your Mum's life. The story is sad but repeated in so many families these days. I hope your situation gets better, Christopher.

            John Palcewski - Does He Really Love Me?

I do like the blur and the feeling of life moving fast. You can almost read the title question in her expression.

Trevor Cunningham - light at the fringe of approaching darkness

Another beautifully made macro study, Trevor. I like the transparency on the left and the contrast with the soft element on the right.

            Andrew Davidhazy - Bottoms up!

A bit of humor in nature. It does, however, remind me of synchronized swimmers. Well captured, Andy!

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/