Gallery Comments

Andrew Sharpe
Window with reflections:  I like the design, black and white and patterns made by the reflections.  A very interesting shot.

Emily L. Ferguson
2 big catboats and one tiny one:  I didn't see the tiny boat at first, and that makes the photograph.  The only suggestion I might make is that if a longer exposure had been used it may have shown movement, which may have been nice (then again, maybe not).

Mark Harris
Metropolitan Museum Artist Observed:  A really nice shot.  The lighting is wonderful and the artist's legs echo (almost) the legs of the statue behind her.  The photographer adds some humor.

John Palcewski
Tsunami of Regret: This shot defines despair.

Christopher Strevens
Old lady Crying:  I volunteer working with the elderly and can imagine how your mother feels.  I often see sadness of the patients in the nursing/retirement homes.  It is a perfectly normal reaction to aging, I think.

Sherie Taylor
Finish Line:  I like the green car and boy's shirt in the sea of red, white and blue.

Yoram Gelman
Water / Reeds:  The starkness of this photograph is appealing. Yet there is still interest.  The reeds are so delicate looking and the reflections in the water are interesting.

Dan Mitchell
Frog:  The green leaves provide interest.  I think I may have placed the frog a little more in the lower left corner if it were my photograph.  I like being able to see the texture of the rock.  A nice shot.

Trevor Cunningham
frangipani semi-silhouette:  The contrasting lighting of the leaf almost causes an optical illusion.  The photograph appears to have more depth than the leaf could possibly provide.

Thank you to all for contributing to the gallery.

Marilyn