Re: PF member's exhibit 08-28-10

My thoughts on this weeks submissions:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 28, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

              Elson T. Elizaga - Molt

An unusual subject to be sure but beautifully photographed. I like the way you positioned and lighted this object.

              Yoram Gelman - Shadow Abstract II

As one who photographs real objects in an abstract way, I like this image very much. Eliminating all but the steel and shadow you have created a photograph that is recognizable but still non-representational. When I show my abstracts and someone asks what the subject is I feel I've succeeded. OBTW, I usually ask what they think it is first before I'll answer.

              Dan Mitchell - Monkey orchid

A nice photograph of a pretty flower. If that's what you were going for, you did it well.

              Trevor Cunningham - cactus miniature

Very nicely made, Trevor. The negative space is very effective and the B&W well chosen.

              Lea Murphy - Joshua, four and a half years old, face studies

This series will be a joy to Joshua's parents for years to come. For a quick session it yielded terrific photographs. The post-processing is quite appropriate.

              Andrew Sharpe - Papua New Guinea totem

The lighting here makes the photograph. It really adds much to the feeling in the carvings.

              Christopher Strevens - Lonely

The expanse of space adds to the feeling in the title. It is well made technically as well.

              John Palcewski - Look, But Don't Touch

Well captured, John. Sometimes it is just being in the right place at the right time, with a camera, to get a terrific photograph.

              Mark Harris - Felicia at the Desk

Thank you all for the comments during the week. I learn much by reading the positive and negative reviews.

              Michael Hughes - The first taste

The closed eyes give this that "Ah!" mood that we've all felt eating a cold treat on a hot day. Well captured, Michael!

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/