Re: 8-21 Gallery Comments

There has been much commentary already so here is my entry.

>Subject: PF member;s exhibit on AUG 21, 2010

>                Trevor Cunningham -seed bloom

I like the surreal result of the use of IR. I feel the depth-of-field is
fine as shown. I'm not bored:-)

>                Andrew Sharpe -Pump house, Aspen, Colorado

You really made this at the perfect moment, Andrew. The parallel roof and
shadow are terrific. Although representational, it is also somewhat an
abstract.

>                Michael Hughes -Dance Class

The common body positions of all the dancers is well captured. I also like
the diversity of the participants. The lighting, especially on the
foreground dancer, is a bit flat for me.

>                David Small -I have a dream

We certainly have come a long was since the 1950's. I recognized the point
of this right away. A nice commentary.

>                Mark Harris - Felicia as a Statue

Thank you all for the thoughtful comments so far. This was at the end of a
long day for Felicia but she did a nice job for me. I did not originally
envision a statue but as soon as she wrapped herself in the chiffon we went
with that idea. I did no advanced research and was not looking to copy any
particular style or period. This was more influenced by Greek and Roman then
anything else. Had it been a nicer day I might have taken her outside and
photographed this there.

>                Jerry McCown -Olympic National Park

I get the feeling as much of bones as trees. A beautifully composed sunset
image. I like it very much.

>                Dan Mitchell - Water of Leith

A simple, but nicely composed, scenic image. The shadow of the fence is a
nice touch.

>                John Palcewski -Vittoria

For an image that does not explicitly show anything, it is very sensual. I
love the softness of the lighting and the rumpled white sheet as background.
I agree with others that the tiny bit of black bra (?) showing near the top
breaks into the image in too strong a way.

>                Emily Ferguson - Property Line

Needing a title to explain a photograph is not necessarily a bad thing. It
is obvious that the stones, nicely placed in the frame, mean something and
the title tells us what. I do like that nature seems to be reclaiming the
site.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/