Re: PF member;s exhibit on AUG 21, 2010

 On 8/21/10 3:54 PM, ADavidhazy wrote:
 http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
               Andrew Sharpe -Pump house, Aspen, Colorado
This is definitely a dodge/burn shot. Dodge the door and/or burn the stone to get more range. Also, a bit more crop on the left to remove the very distracting edge.
               Michael Hughes -Dance Class
I imagine this would make a nice image for their website. But I would be bothered by the books being in greater focus than the dancers...too distracting for me.
               David Small -I have a dream
Puzzling...makes me wonder who the "I" is. At least it makes me think. Isn't that what street photography is all about?
               Mark Harris - Felicia as a Statue
Beautiful and classic, but a little grainy. I'd have touched up the print before I scanned it. My favorite this week.
               Jerry McCown -Olympic National Park
HDR? The black edges of the rock with the interior detail just doesn't look natural...however, if it is hdr, it's more realistic than many I've seen. The lack of detail in the rocks contrasts with the detail in the wood...the DoF in this shot should be deep.
               Dan Mitchell - Water of Leith
It looks harsh. Strong contrast, powerful greens...an errant fence and shadow, the purpose of which makes little sense. I'm left feeling lost for an objective here.
               John Palcewski -Vittoria
Sexy, strongly suggestive, magnificent composition for effect...but, that tiniest of piece of bra throws the image out of balance for me...i'd like to see the image without the black frame too
               Emily Ferguson - Property Line
Boundaries are blurred. Reminds me of the Talking Heads song "Nothing But Flowers". But I could also mistake them for headstones, another reaching metaphor I'll avoid here. It feels balanced, like a painting.