Gallery comments

Trevor Cunningham
seed bloom:  I love these photographs.  Don't stop sending them.  This one reminds me of fireworks.  The black and white is perfect for the subject.  Focus couldn't be better.  The subject matter is delicate, yet the image is strong.  Fascinating!

Andrew Sharpe
Pump house, Aspen, Colorado:  I like that the angle of the light's shadow matches the line of the roof, and the strong contrast.  I'd like to see a bit more detail (texture?) in the rock wall, but still a good image.

Michael Hughes
Dance Class:  The people look as if they are having fun, and I'm sure they are. The slight blur of their legs shows action and movement.  They appear graceful (gracefulness is something I admire in people since I struggle with it so much).  This is a great photograph - it makes me smile.

David Small
I have a dream:  I love it.  What a great statement.  It seems we can ,  ". . all get along."(Come to think of it - why does this seem unusual or surprising in this day and age?)  The red shirt, light, seat covers, items on the shelf and label on the bottle carry my eyes all the way through the photograph.  Well done.

Mark Harris
Felicia as a Statue:  Felicia has the perfect face (beautiful) and _expression_ for this image.  This is well done.  She appears alluring, yet modest.  Her pose is fluid, yet elegant. The lighting is very well done.  I like the folds in, and shadows on the fabric.  This reminds me of a master's painting.

Jerry McCown
Olympic National Park:  Great use of the driftwood's orientation, and the lighting plays right along, pulling my eyes through the photograph.  I like the pebble's texture and the darkness of the large rocks at the image's sides.  I can see this on the cover of a mood/nature CD.  I'm curious - did you wait for this lighting, or just happen to be there when the light was perfect?  No matter what, it took an artist's eye to see this and capture it.

Dan Mitchell
Water of Leith:  The musical title enhances the photograph.  I did Google "The Water of Leith," and I love the unusual words used to describe the area.  I like the peacefulness of this photograph; the curve pulls my eyes all the way to the back of the photograph.  This photograph has a definite foreground, middle ground and background. The wrought iron fence (gate?) adds interest.  I don't think the photograph would be as good as it is without it.  The buildings blend in so smoothly with the natural rock, and the gate is a contrast.

John Palcewski
Vittoria:  An unusual concept.  This has a Henry Callahan look to it.  Perhaps a little more directional lighting would add interest and make the curves more prominent.

Emily Ferguson
Property Line:  I like the contrast between the cement blocks and the very delicate flowers and grasses.   The angle of the blocks lend movement to the leaning of the stems and grasses and add interest.  You make wonderful images out of the simplest things, Emily.  You've got a good eye.

This show is especially interesting because of the variety of the images.  I enjoyed viewing it very much.  Thank you, Andy and staff for hanging the show, and thank you to the artists for contributing.

Marilyn