Re: Photography as thought without words

See this webpage about Steiglitz's Equivalent series: http://tinyurl.com/233awpf

I can hardly imagine a photograph that doesn't suggest a thought. Some are more overt, like Wynn Bullock who claimed he made photographs that illustrated the time-space continuum.

John Dewey on "What is Thought": http://www.brocku.ca/MeadProject/Dewey/Dewey_1910a/Dewey_1910_a.html One definition he speaks of is anything that goes through our mind.

David is certainly right that there are many definitions of thought... but there are scientific definitions as well as philosophical definitions. See: http://www.blackstarreview.com/rev-0150.html

Kim