Photography as thought without words

Isn't photography (and all non-verbal art) thought without words?

(Just trying to bring the thread back to the subject of this list).

Kim

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Emily L. Ferguson <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wonder whether some day we will figure out just what "thought" is. Personally, I cannot imagine thought without _expression_ through words, although the conveyance of that _expression_ may be impaired beyond the point of measurement.

But to equate not being able, physically or psychically, to communicate that thought with not being verbal seems to be simply wrong.

Until we have a way to determine just how thought works, we have no way of knowing that people for whom communication is disabled are not verbal.

--
Kim Mosley
mrkimmosley@xxxxxxxxx