Gallery review

David Small -- Contrasts -- Surprisingly interesting. The shadow of the branches looks three-dimensional!

Jim Snarski -- Egret Flight -- Very nice! The light lets me see the layers of feathers making up most of the wing (and how little of the wing is anything permanent!) The body getting all scrunched up into aerodynamic form is kind of amusing. And in addition to the light showing through the wings, the solid parts are lit so I can see them clearly too.

Walter Mayes -- My Empire -- Okay, it IS an eagle. Nice sunset. Nice use of near-silhouette.

Pini Vollach -- Lotus Girl -- She's sad, or at least very solemn. I read it as sad because of the kinked stem near her hand, but that's probably total nonsense (lots of other kinks in the stem, I doubt she cares). Kind of shocking to see exotic (for me here) water flowers lying on land.

Laurenz Bobke -- Freedom! -- The fence looks very dense and strong, but the leaves are at least able to reach out!

John Palcewski -- Don't Bother Coming Back -- I haven't gone to read the story, so I'm not getting the photo title (I presume that's why). I like the narrow band of bright sun on the curved curtains, anyway!

Michael Hughes -- Surprise! -- Perfect timing on Mrs. Jerrold, looks like. That looks like probably full-frame, and if I were the editor I'd crop it considerably -- but I was trained to send full-frame to the publication and let them worry about crop, since the page layout often made a difference to what crop was really best overall (not just for the picture in isolation).

Emily Ferguson -- late winter sunset -- I know that lovely soft glow on the bottom of the clouds! I also know that crooked horizon, and try to avoid it.

Rob Miracle -- Drenched -- Nice save; people set out to get this kind of look deliberately sometimes too, so that makes it more credible :-). That's sitting on the ground by a big motorcycle, right? Definitely wet, all around!

Elson T. Elizaga -- Father and Son -- Your son's focus on your sketching is intense! It's a very nice picture of the two of you.

Thanks to everybody participating in the gallery this week! The gallery is at <http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html>.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info