Tim Carpenter and "Rehearsals for departure"

Dear all,

Someone sent me this reference to photographer Tim Carpenter and the web site entitled  "Rehearsals for departure".

http://www.rehearsalsfordeparture.com/

I don't know this photographer but I was quite taken by his work and I thought I would ask your reactions.

There is no CV or other indications about who he is
other than a reference to the fact that his project "A most serene republic,"
was selected for the 2008 portfolio show of the Center for Fine Art Photography.

The site proposes 154 pictures grouped under 8 individual titles.
They are extremely lonely pictures, vernacular in content.
But at the same time, it is a portrait of a society that has lost its roots.

Only one series depicts portraits of people but each are so frozen in their attitude
that they are completely separated from the viewer.

The last series, the one that won a prize, conveys so much solitude,
the non-presence of inhabitants that were forced to leave a long time ago.

There is much of Robert Adams in this work.

Guy