RE: Ink jet printing (was Re: Corelating in Camera Pixel Count (RAW format) and file size?)

I don't print with my home printer. It's waaay too much trouble and a waste of my time. I also don't print unless I've got a buyer.

It was fun - for a while. Compiling albums was fun, dragging them around and trying to get people to want to look at them was a drag, however.

Now, if I need a quality print I send the file out, either to my technician or to a lab over in New Bedford that does RC prints from digi files. If I need a 4x6 or 5x7 I go to Wally-O or CVS. People want to purchase screen jpegs so they can run slide shows on their computers, publishers want nothing to do with film or print, I can get great "books" made for portfolios by Snapfish/SmugMug/Apple etc - there are a million of them out there, just hunt around, most of them are very good looking laser prints.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx