Re: Ink jet printing

Well, I like printing out with my 1400! But then I'm not a professional.
Interestingly enough, recent research in the UK came up with inkjet prints as being

   MUCH better colours than photo lab prints and
   they didn't fade (even dye inks) anything like as much as a silver
   based prints...

So I'll stick with my three year old 1400 and its long lasting CIS.

Howard

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
I don't print with my home printer. It's waaay too much trouble and a waste of my time. I also don't print unless I've got a buyer.

It was fun - for a while. Compiling albums was fun, dragging them around and trying to get people to want to look at them was a drag, however.

Now, if I need a quality print I send the file out, either to my technician or to a lab over in New Bedford that does RC prints from digi files. If I need a 4x6 or 5x7 I go to Wally-O or CVS. People want to purchase screen jpegs so they can run slide shows on their computers, publishers want nothing to do with film or print, I can get great "books" made for portfolios by Snapfish/SmugMug/Apple etc - there are a million of them out there, just hunt around, most of them are very good looking laser prints.