Re: PF gallery on 04-24-10

Here are my comments on this week's gallery, as usual having a value
of no more than a dime a dozen, which in this instance comes out to
less than two cents each.

Kostas Papakotas = a friends' wedding.  This is the sort of carefully
observed, non-traditional detail that makes a wedding album unique.
Engaging shot, well done!

Emily Ferguson - The water just goes 'round and 'round     Despite the
title and the small waves this seems rather static.  Maybe the title
should include information about what the dark stuff is.  Seaweed?

Dan Mitchell - Trees   This interesting Polaroid transformation
suggests a photo taken a long time ago, by someone like Mathew Brady,
Alexander Gardner, or Tim O'Sullivan.

Trevor Cunningham - more hollyhocks. An interesting shot, but then
that heavy overall gray cast isn't consistent with the title, morning
light.  For that the original color would do a better job of conveying
that tone, mood, etc.

Guy Glorieux - On hold   This has a feel of chaos, disorganization,
clutter, when in fact grounded aircraft are part of an elaborate
management system, meant of course to be efficient and to maximize
profits.

Rob Miracle - Why?  I'm drawn to the face, but then I'm drawn to the
feet, and then the face again, back and forth.   This well might be
made into two separate images where no such competition for attention
exists.

Mark Harris - Valya Portrait   The model's expression is empty,
vacant, hard to read, and the nipple is an unnecessary distraction.
If it were my image, I'd photoshop it out.  Not that I have anything
against a woman's nipple!   In this instance I think it just doesn't
work.

John