Re: PF member's exhibit on April 17, 2010

Hi,

Here are some thoughts on this week's gallery:

Emily Ferguson - Early spring sailing on Buzzards Bay
I'm somewhat uncertain about this picture.  There is something very appealing about the whole scene.  But then the composition keeps breaking down into individual individual pieces and it doesn't do much for me.  I think it comes from the propeller being overwhelming in the center against the rest of the picture.

Yoram Gelman - Still in Context
Interesting picture.  The bright sugar bags on the left distract the attention so does the blur in the immediate foreground.  But the composition is well balanced and attractive.

 Jim Snarski - Great Blue
Wow!  I like this fellow.  And he would probably be undeterred by the volcano ashes...

Hans Klemmer - Elmer and his Toolbox
Nice scene but I would propose a bit more selective treatment to enhance the beauty of the toolbox and tonedown the foreground.

John Palcewski - Chinatown, New York
I love it!

Russ Baker - Amy
Nice glamour but it doesn't do much for me (no pun intended...)

Mark Harris - Metuchen Flowering Pear
An echo of the lace ? ... -:)

David Dyer-Bennet - Trees on hillside, Lilydale Regional Park
I love it!

Guy Glorieux - Getting the show on the wall (a bit of self-promotion)
My apologies for the over-sized image.

 Andrew Davidhazy - All in a day's work
A beauty!