Re: A Sign

On 13-Apr-10 04:50, Dan Mitchell wrote:

From: David Dyer-Bennet<dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 April 2010 03:22:47 GMT+01:00
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PF gallery on 04-10-10

Dan Mitchell - Road Sign

I kind of collect sign photos myself, but largely as raw material for things.  Polaroid colors are more saturated here than I'm used to seeing, but still weird.

Its a reasonably true scan from a print from an especially good packet of 1200/Spectra/Image film, which being developed later than SX 70 stuff, has always had better, i.e. truer, color balance.  The camera is an "Image Pro", with "coated glass lens" - so one of the top models using the 1200 style film.  How it looks on your monitor also depends on your monitor's color settings.

Makes sense that the film would improve over time! I haven't seen much polaroid since maybe the 1980s.

Polaroid film at its best on a bright sunny, day.

Yep.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info