Re: PF gallery on 04-10-10

Herewith my comments re this week's gallery.   As always, just my opinion worth no more and no less than two cents, and best taken with a few grains of salt.

Jack Klasey - Arizona #2   This could well be seen as an homage to Ansel Adams, except that much detail is lost in the shadows.  It would be worth trying to do a bit of experimental dodging.

Dan Mitchell - Road Sign  Would the image be improved if the rose tint was removed?   And if it were cropped so as to not identify it as a Polaroid?  Here's an interesting issue involving framing, what surrounds an image thus having an impact on perception.

Emily L. Ferguson - Wing's Neck light     I think this would work much better if it were a large-format image, like an 8 x 10, in which there is great detail overall.

Andrew Davidhazy - Doomed   Andy gives us an authentic portrait of a  wretched man in a contentious, lengthy divorce case who has lost the house, the cars, the boat, half the stock portfolio, custody of the children, and his reputation.

Mark Harris - Jordana Shadowed   As a true believer in freedom of _expression_, I am glad that the image was not censored.   I wish I had been a fly on the wall when the debate went on!    Now, is the woman's nude body enhanced by the imposed pattern?   Is it a pleasing or evocative image?  Erotic?   I vote no.