Re: Are the new pocket camera with 10 + megapixels worth it?

I noticed that the newer crop of pocket-point and shoot camera are up to 10+ mega pixels.
The also have fixed lens with 10x and 12x zooms. Accepting the limitation of not being able to change lens can a 10+mega pixel pocket camera produce as good an image as a Canon DSLR at 10.1 mega pixel? I just had a thought maybe the pocket cameras are squeezing mega pixels on to a half size APS-C or smaller sensor. Perhaps sensor size is also a factor here.
Roy