Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: Shopping for Lighting and IR

any idea on flash duration for these?
I have a bunch of studio lighting but it's all 240V.

I'm moving to the States around August and I'll look for a little commercial work I must weigh up the option of selling and re-buying with getting all the transformers changed.

I find that with digital SLR (Even my full-frame) I almost always have too much light to get the shallow DOF I need (Min ISO 200)

But some lights have a ridiculously long flash duration (650th) and I need high-speed to capture blur-free movement.

Herschel

Mark Lent wrote:
For a home studio, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Alien Bee's 400 series. More
than enough light to use, well built, slaved and a ton of accessories that
will allow your arsenal to grow. I have also found mine to be very
consistent too.

Hope this helps.

Mark Lent