Re: 360 DEGREE PHOTOGRAPHY

This is pretty simple stuff to do It's called "Quick Time Virtual Reality" (QTVR)

Actually landscape such as this is especially simple because parallax is not a problem. When you get into smaller spaces you need to have more sophisticated tripod gear to get the camera rotating about the lens' optical center (I think it's the exit pupil axis)

It's made of 4 fisheye images.. Once you've shot the images you use two pieces of software to make the 360 deg panorama.
PTGui - to stitch the 4 images and

Cubic Converter - to turn the stitched image into the 360 degree QTVR movie

There's lots on Youtube if you search for QTVR

Where there are people and they move between one image and the next, you get ghosting

Please take a look at:

www.herschelmair.com/sinaw/sinaw1.mov
www.herschelmair.com/sinaw/sinaw2.mov
www.herschelmair.com/sinaw/sinaw3.mov
www.herschelmair.com/sinaw/sinaw4.mov

It takes a while to load and at first you just get a grid... then it turns into a 360.

Quoting ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx>:
What? Nice of you to say so Louie but far from fact! In this digital, stitching,
VR, and who knows what else the situation is that I have learned how puny my
personal excursions into the field of panoramic photography are. Mired in film
technology I am afraid I am. Remember the Cirkut camera? and the later
knock-offs Alpa Rotocamera and the Hulcher panoramic, the Cyclopan and the
Globuscope, etc.? OK then we are talking! Have a good day or evening wherever
you might be!

Andy

PS: Not sure yet when things will be back to "normal" - working on it but the
going is rough.
Louie Powell wrote:

> Actually, the ultimate guru on panoramic photography is none other than - - -
>
> Andy Davidhazy

_>
> I do not know quite how this is done, but it is unbelievable photography
viewed with sophisticated 360 Degree technology. >

down, as though you were in the picture! There are four pictures below. > http://www.utah3d.net/SulpherCreek_swf.html