Re: Photographer stripped of title

My two cents......  The article says that Jose "risked a slow shutter speed".  If a slow shutter speed means a long exposure, like 1/60 vs 1/500,  seems to me there would be some 'blur' since the wolf would most likely had a running start to jump the fence.  I think some of his motion would be faster than 1/60.  Doesn't using a 'blad  mean that electronic flash can be used at high shutter speeds?  Wouldn't flash stop the action?

Yikes!  I may relearn stuff I forgot with this thread!  8^)

Bob

Alberto Tirado wrote:
Forum too quiet. I hope *not* to open a can of worms, but I found this news interesting:

Photographer José Luis Rodríguez won the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year award, but then the jury, after some investigations, ruled that the animal depicted was tamed/trained and thus the photo ineligible for the competition

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/01/21/wildlife.photographer.disqualified/index.html

The disqualification also means a permanent ban for the photographer.

Some are (I am!) very passionate about the subject of ""reality" in photography, but lets just keep this about the rules of the contest.

www.alberto-tirado.com

--

                           /////
                          ( O O )