Re: New but old thread

I have followed Emily's advice after trying iPhoto and Lightroom.  I found Bridge to work best for what I needed first which was to just see all the photos and sort out the trash.  A revelation for me was that there were  thousands of jpegs and tiffs, over 200 MBs worth, that belonged to the system or applications.  Disk Doctor Image Recovery also got these back.  For instance, at first I had 35 folders of recovered jpegs each containing 900 images.  I was able to eliminate about 4 of the folders outright and portions of others.  I was greatly surprised at the number of duplicates, both my images and computer images, that were taking up space.  Obviously being a little more careful in handling and filing would have helped that.  But anyway the Disk Doctor software did recover all my images;  I still have to rename and sort them but it should be much easier now.  Thanks to Emily and others for the knowledge that exists here to help those in distress.
Don

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Bridge certainly can make sorting a lot easier, but if I recall correctly you're running an older version of PSCS and you'd need at least PSCS2 to get the benefit of the current version of Bridge.

Bulk keywording and captioning is also easy in Bridge but not PSCS1. After that Bridge is extremely useful.